A brand video can be very similar to a company story, but focuses more on the mission of the company versus how it came to be. Think of this as an “about us” video that will give viewers a sense of who you are and what you stand for.
The key purpose of a brand video is to convey your brand in a natural and credible way through story. You won’t be talking about your business or trying to sell your products. You will solely be engaging your audience through an entertaining or informative story.
The story being told should strike a strong emotion in the viewer and make them want to learn more about your business. But remember, you will not be promoting your products or services, the story should promote your brand.
The 5 keys to creating a great brand video are:
1. Engage your audience - you want to grab the viewer's attention right away.
2. Keep their attention - make the viewer want to continue watching the story unfold.
3. Spotlight your brand - show how your making a difference.
4. Connect with them on an emotional level - tell a great story.
5. Inspire them to take action - even if that’s just wanting to find out more about you.
When done correctly - typically with the help of a video production company - Brand videos keep your business at the forefront of people's minds in a humanizing way.